Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sarah Ann Camfield, 9 April 1897



Batavia apr 9th

Dear Children we are well we have move and partly settled it is so cold we cannot getalong very fast the men are plowing for oats they are interesting to see 22 acres this spring and plant 40 acres of corn if they can get it done they have five horses Father has a riding plow so he can plow as much as any one and riding cultivater to work in the corn he thinks it nothing but fun he seems real wel only his shoulders are lamer this spring than I common it dont trouble him in most kinds of work nothing bu reaching up like pitching hay or some such thing I have to help him on with his coat and off but otherwise he seems as well as he seems as well as he is soslow he canot get around very fast but gets around all the same I am wel as I can expect to be of course I can not get around as I once could but the neighbors say I get around faster than most of the young women I ma sitting in the bay window writing we have

reverse

anice parlor and sitting room and kitche and two porches one in front of the sitting and room and one back of the kitchen three 3 bed rooms downstairs and three rooms upstairs and acellar it is not very large but it does not let any thing freeze they say
I suppos you know Fred is marrid we all live togather but we have plenty of room.
give our best respects tall enquiring frends and neighbours
Libbie send her best regard and their pictures
Fred and Libbie send their best regards and their pictures as a token of love and respect
pleac excus all mistakes foris I have made many but amthank that I can do as well as I can may the lord bless you is all in my prayers

from your Mother and Father
Michael Camfield write soon
Sarah Ann Camfied

upside down at top of page

direct to batavia branch Co Mich

It sounds like the new house is nicer than the last one.


For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield


Camfield, Sarah Ann Wisner. (Batavia, MI) to “Dear Children”
[Anna Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 9 April c.1897. Digital Images 1-2.
Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,]
Snowville, New York. 2008. [Carlisle Family, Box #1,
Correspondence, Undated c. 1850-1899,
Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The way she describes the house-makes me wish I could see it.