Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Etola Robinson, Aug 21, 1900



Anna


At home August 21st 1900

Dear friend: I rced. your letter this morning and was very glad to get it I got the other one saturday when I came home

Well Anna the evel day is put off with the hopes held out of its not coming at all though I myself have not much faith nor do I beleve my Dr. has but she said I was pretty week yet and she would try and build me up so if the worst came I shall be in better condition for it.

I am down under the trees in my hammock she said she wanted me to be out of doors all I could and to try and limmet myself to coming downstairs once a day

page 2

so I came down a little after nine this morning and have been down ever since and it must be three or four now Amelia brought my dinner down to me.

I wonder if Ashley has got my peaches yet Mrs Northem got a bushel of erly Cabfreds to day for $1.25 they are nice too. Bell and Mrs. Vanostrand were over yesterday and Bell was here again this morning she was going over home this afternoon. It is a pitty Lib did not have a fue more children and grand children to work for and now she wants me to come so she can work for me.

Well I believe I have written all there is to write this time so will close. give my thanks to Mrs. Carlisle for her kind letter.

Love to all and write soon

from your friend

Toley



So Toley did have surgery after all. I learned back when I wrote Syracuse Baby Camp that keeping patients outside as much as possible helped them improve more quickly.

For more see:
Camfield Family Letters
Descendants of Sarah Ann Wisner
Michael Camfield


Robinson, Etola (South Bend, IN) to “Anna”
[Anna Camfield Carlisle]. Letter. 21 August 1900. Digital Images 1-2.
Privately held by Apple, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE,]
Snowville, New York. 2009.
[Carlisle Family, Box #1, Correspondence, 1900,
Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan. 2008.]

No comments: